Monday, July 04, 2005

Four Days to GO!!!!

Hi! Welcome to my blog. I'm Mindy, the creator (obviously), and the purpose of this blog is to give my family and friends and everyone else a chance to keep up to date on the next year of my life as I study in Saarbruecken, Germany for a year. I am a U.S. university student, and have always loved the culture and language of Germany. I have also always wanted to spend a year studying in Germany, and I'm finally getting my chance! I will be leaving on July 8, 2005, and will not return to the States until August 2006.

While I am there I will be participating in intensive language courses (for the German language) from September through February, and then will be taking normal classes with other German university students from April through July of 2006. While in Germany, I will be living with my boyfriend who is a German citizen and is also living in Saarbruecken. I am going in July to vacation with him for the last portion of the summer, before his year of civil service begins, and before I start with classes in the Fall. It has been six months since I have seen him, so not only am I excited about going abroad, I am also excited about finally being with him again!

Well, that's all from me today, I simply wanted to get my blog created and post an introductory post before I leave for Germany. Eventually my pictures will be posted up here for everyone to see, and more information about myself and everything from germany will be up also.

And, also - Happy Fourth of July everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home