Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Realization

So, today I realized, that I am actually in Germany. You'd think, I would have realized this days ago... like when i got here on saturday, or on any of the other days since then. well, i knew then too, that I am indeed in Germany, but it really set in today.

Today we drove to Luxembourg. Not the city, but the country. We drove there, a distance of about 66 km (which is about 40 miles) and back just to save 20 cents (Euros) on gas! Actually, it is a pretty common thing to do, I guess. Luxembourg is a tiny little country that borders France, Germany, and other countries, and is very rich. They're gas prices are cheaper there, so we drove there today to fill up my boyfriend's mom's gas tank in her car. It was actually a gorgeous drive, with lots of pretty views of the mountains and valleys. I meant to take pictures, but I was unable to since I forgot my camera at home!

Well, Monday is the day. Monday is the day that my boyfriend and I talk only German all day long. Well, that is, starting Monday. So from Monday on, not only do I have to try to understand others, but i have to try to make myself understood... it should be interesting. Well, actually, I think it will be good for me. Right now I am still thinking and talking in English, so German is harder than if I would be using German all the time.

Well, I suppose I should be off. Take care everyone... and maybe leave me a comment? :)

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, July 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, you need to take your camera with you all the time we want to see some of what you see. Sounds like you are having a great time. Please put some pictures on so that we can see what the place looks like. Boyfriends home, Mom, school, and any thing else that you can think of
Say hi to everyone for us
Love
Mom

 
At 4:40 PM, July 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm learning give me time
Sherna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home