Monday, August 01, 2005

ah ha!

Good morning! I hope everyone reading today is doing wonderful. I'm doing pretty good myself.

Yesterday was a very interesting day. It started out well... my boyfriend and I lounged around for an hour or two in the morning talking about a crazy bird we saw outside (we couldn't figure out what type of bird it was, so he decided it was a turkey... it definitely wasn't a turkey) I wish I had taken a picture of it, then maybe someone could tell me what it was, but I didn't think about it! We also talked about some other things... I love just talking to him about life and dreams and goals we have, it started off my day well.

We eventually went with his band to a gig they had. Basically from 11:30 until 4 when the show started I was bored out of my mind while the band set-up and did sound checks and all that lovely band stuff. The show was good, I enjoyed it a lot, ate some good cake, and they are pretty good.

Then, after the show, is when things got interesting. Everyone in the band speaks German, though some do speak English well. They are a great bunch of people... after the show we were standing around, and everyone was talking. I wasn't paying too close attention to the conversation, but then they start talking about someone taking the train, because we don't have enough space in the cars to transport everyone. Next thing I know, me and another person are taking a train back to Saarbruecken. So, they drop us as close to the train station as we can get (in other words, a long way from it, but we didn't know where it was, and there was construction, so we decided to walk). Eventually we find the train station, which looks like a bus stop with tracks next to it, only to learn that there is no time table. In other words, we have no idea if the train comes in five minutes, or five hours. So we call my boyfriend, who calls a friend, who looks up the next train time and calls him back... then he calls us back, and we learn we have to wait 40 minutes for the train. So, we sit, and we wait. we talked in both german and english about all sorts of things... it was actually fun. Then we took the train, got back, and got picked up to go to dinner... I had a Shish kebab... which was quite yummy... and tried some beer, which was quite not yummy.

all in all, a very good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home