Friday, September 02, 2005

a rant

good morning. it is eight in the morning, and though i am usually a nice, easy going person, i have something that I want to complain about on here. It's this guy we know called President Bush and all the stupid people in the government.

as I'm sure you all know, anarchy is basically the name of the game in New Orleans. i feel terrible for those victims. My heart goes out to them. My heart does not go out to the government however. What I want to know, is what has the government been doing? There are thousands of people in the big dome down there... where's the military? Where are the police, the food, the water? People are dying down there and our stupid government is sitting on its butt. I saw president Bush's speech. He says they are working as fast as they can, to help those people. But are they? I mean, it's been what, three or four days and those people are still starving down there. No wonder people are looting and fighting. Everyone's trying to survive,and when no one knows when help is going to arrive, who can blame them? Honestly, if it meant living or dying.. eating or not eating, i would loot too.

Our government is supposed to protect its people. Our government is supposed to help those in need, and look out for us. No, it could not protect anyone from Hurricane Katrina. However, they could protect the victims now that it's over. Send in as many national guard and military men as needed to the dome. Enforce law and order. Get those people food, get them water. Is it really that difficult? Take those dead bodies away from the area... move them to another building only if you have to.. but at least get them out of the dome and try to stop any disease or anything spreading because of them. Our president handled 9/11 well... and he can't handle this?

Okay, I'm done ranting.. It just really angers me, that our government, the "Great United States of America" seems to be doing absolutely nothing for these people. We can help Sunami victims, and victims in countless other countries.. but we can't even take care of our own people? Are we really that great over all?

Okay, now.. on to the test. It was incredibly.. interesting yesterday. I got to the building, saw a long line of foreign looking people, mostly about my age, all holding passports from random countries, and I thought.. hmmm this must be where I am supposed to be. I ended up talking to a guy in front of me who is from MIssouri.. he was cool, and we hung out during the test. The poor guy has been here two weeks with almost no one to talk to at all, since no one else is really here yet and he doesn't know anyone. anyways.. there were three sections: Grammer, Reading and Listening.

The Grammar section was fill in the blank. Only the topic was energy, and they used random, obscure words that I didn't know so for me, and all the other people I talked to, it was extremely difficult. I pretty much botched the entire section. Then there was reading. That went well. I understood most of the text and I think I did decent on it. Then there was listening. That too seemed pretty easy, overall, and I thik i did okay. So, with luck I made it above the beginners level of german, but we'll see next thursday when I get the results.

I also met a girl from Romania, California, talked to a girl from Spain and I think another who was from Egypt or somewhere. I really actually enjoyed meeting new people... I love my boyfriend and his friends, but at the same time I want to make my own friends as well, and I think i am going to be able to do that when classes start next friday.

but that's all for now.. i'm going to sign off and go back to sleep i think. thanks for letting me rant and rave... the situation just makes me angry and makes me lose faith in our goveernments capabilities.
its sad...

1 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi its Praveen again. Yeah I totally agree with you on the government. It was so sad to see those people on tv, just crying and asking for help. People with diabetes are going into shock, people are dying because of disease and starvation. No food or busses hadnt come in 3-4 days. Sooo sad. I guess the government cant do two things at the same time- take care of the saved people and save the trapped ones. Come on Mindy, President Bush isnt superman here have some understanding :p

See I told you that you are smart, I know you did very well on your test.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home