Thursday, August 25, 2005

more on allgaeu

okay, so.. where did I leave off? We got there Friday afternoon, and just relaxed for a while after unpacking everything. The band practiced I believe that night. They also practiced everyother day that we were there... so, most days i got up, we had breakfast at nine, and then the band practiced. I read a lot while they practiced, played game cube and watched them... nothing really that exciting. Since it rained a lot, we stayed mostly indoors.

We did visit the oldest church in the world though. It was in a church in Isny. You went into the church, then had to climb up these narrow, dark stairs to get to the room which was the library. It was made so that the priests could study and be smart...it is exactly the way it was in the 1700s, when the last priest used it. Totally cool. I didn't understand much of what the tour guide said, but my boyfriend translated a little for me, and it was really interesting. i'll try to put up a pic or two later, maybe.

on the same day, after the library, we went to Lindau. Lindau is a city on the Bodensee (lake constance in english). It is literally on the Bodensee because the city is on an island. you get there w/ a bridge, and it was very cool. we made a bet, that i had to speak german for 2 hours and the other girl, who i mentioned in my last post, had to speak english for 2 hours. if we spoke our normal languages we had to put a color in our hair (like pink or something.. and only temporary color). we both earned a color. we'll see if i actually have to do it...

another fun thing we did was climb a mountain. Well, we took a ski lift to the top of the mountain, and then climbed down it. I got lots of beautiful pictures, and had incredibly sore legs for days and days... ahh, but it was fun... and i was just told the name of the mountain was Hochgrat (i didn't know that).

and, actually - that was all we did. boring huh? but fun... afterall, it rained most of the time, so there wasn't too much else to do, and when we were at the house they practiced and i read, and we all played games... i got a chance to practice german a lot (but not only german... just, a decent amount of german... oh, and duh - we also had two concerts. one on Friday 8/19 in the building, which seemed to go well... we all made a bet about how many people would come... i won... except that i never got whatever it is i won...

the last few days however, were the most interesting. Saturday night my boyfriend got sick.. but, first, i got tipsy, for the first time ever. i didn't drink much, only about two shots of whiskey - which maybe is a lot, i don't know. i did it of my own free will... so, don't worry family - no one's forcing me into anything. i also did it in a setting that was completely safe, so it wasn't bad. anyways, i drank the whiskey. it tasted horrid. i don't know why anyone ever drinks the stuff, and i won't ever again..it was bad. then i noticed my fingers felt weird, and my eyes couldn't focus so well. I laughed a lot, and couldn't concentrate on people speaking german at all... anyways.. it was an experience, but the sucky part came the next morning. First - you all have to understand something. I occasionally have "dizzy spells." for some unknown reason i have them... they set in at random times and last for a few minutes. I can go months w/out getting them, and then suddenly have them for 2 weeks off and on. anyways, apparantly the alcohol triggered them... so for three days after that i had dizzy spells all day, off and on. It sucked! And... for my family: don't worry about me... getting tipsy was my decision, and i didn't get tipsy on purpose... i only drank the whiskey on purpose, which made me tipsy. and, even more reason to not worry: i plan on never getting tipsy again... i hate my dizzy spells.. they suck, and the last few days were horrible for me...

and that was about it. sat night, sunday and monday my boyfriend was really sick, so i hung out with him, and kept him company... and we came home tuesday... tomorrow we go to berlin.

but i better go. this is long, and i have other things i want to finish before i go to berlin tomorrow. until later!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home