Sunday, January 08, 2006

A setback, already!?!?

As I woke up this morning, my eyes opened onto a beautiful blue sky, the sun shining on the roof of the building across the street. I yawned and snuck out of my room quietly with a book to enjoy a nice breakfast. When the cereal was poured, and the milk was settled nicely around it, I dug in with my spoon and took a bite of that delicious taste of Honey and Nut Flakes. I complained to Ellen, who was sitting with me at the table, of being tired but unable to sleep more, and she told me, "Dann bist du faul, nicht muede," (then your lazy, not tired) "Du muss nur etwas machen, dann bist du nicht mehr muede." (you just have to do something, then you won't be tired anymore). To which I replied, that I didn't want to admit that I was lazy. After a few second pause I added that it was okay to be lazy now, because later I was going to be productive.

After a bit more conversation it was off to the living room, to curl up on the couch with Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, which is my second to last required book for my 19th Century Novels Course. I'm on page 100, give or take, out of several hundred, and so far it seems to be the best I've read. It was during this morning reading that I discovered what I already knew: I'm sick.

It started last night, when we went to return bottles to the grocery store (germany pays you for recycling. it's awesome.) and I felt a bit under the weather. Sometimes this happens, and it usually just means I need to eat some food. So, about an hour later I was curled up on our couch with a 6 inch Chicken Terryaki on Parmesan Oregano bread (ahh.. subway. a funny story, i'll have to tell in another posting sometime). After this delicious meal, I still felt under the weather... worse in fact. So, off to bed I went, to watch some TV. We had been planning on seeing Jar Head last night in English at 11, so when Fabian got home after picking our friend up, I told him I felt a bit sick. After talking it over, I decided to go to the movie anyways... the movie was great, by the way. I recommend it, though it isn't necessarily one for kids. There isn't much blood and guts, but one guy is shot and dies (though it is a clean death) and there are a lot of people that are charred black, and dead. There is also a lot of swearing. Home we came, and better I felt...

So, it was back to bed I came, around 11 this morning, and asleep I went. I'm feeling a bit better now, though still sick. The sad thing is that today is the start of my new get in shape plan, and though I'm not deathly ill, I know I'm a bit too sick to go power walking. My plan is to take a nice leasuriely walk, instead.

But here's my question. Why am I sick now when I have spent the last two weeks being home with nothing to do, and plenty of time to get sick and healthy again. I mean, I don't have time now: Uni starts again tomorrow. But, I suppose... it'd be way too easy to have been sick then.

bah.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah our bodies work in crazy ways like that. thanks for the input on the christian books/authors. haven't had time to check it out yet or the money to invest in a book but that's life. LUV YA LOTS MISS YA MUCH

DANIELLE

 
At 6:17 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

Hope you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home