Monday, May 01, 2006

Someday

Someday I want to live somewhere where I can see the big blue ocean every day, where I can see mountains when I look off in the distance, and in a little neighborhood someplace where my kids can play in the yard and go to their friends' houses as often as they like. I want to live near a big city where I can travel to take in concerts, theaters, go shopping, and eat at great restaurants - and I hope this city has an IKEA so that I can decorate my house with IKEA things. A city which also has great things for kids - like a museum just for kids, and an aquarium where they can gasp in awe at all the fish. I want my kids to grow up with the best of both worlds - I want them to have tons of common sense and street smarts (not the bad kind though) and to be able to do well in school without too much effort. I want them to grow up with the love of animals in their hearts as well as the love of God and a compassion for all things living. I want to have a fish tank with at least two fan-tailed gold fish (seriously - they are soooo pretty), and I want to always find time to be learning something... even if that just means keeping up on new research in the animal world. I want to learn to scuba dive, and travel all around the world. I want to teach my kids German. I want to go through really great times but I also want to go through really bad times, because from the bad times you learn to grow. When I'm old I want to be able to remember the person I was when I began my journey called life with a smile, and I want to be able to be truly happy with the person I've become. I want to be a great wife, and a great mom...faithful to God and close to my family. I don't want to be always happy, because I know that no one is always happy and I don't want to always be content, because being content all the time doesn't challenge you to grow and change... I want to be ______ , because there isn't a word to describe what I want in my life. I want it all - happiness, sadness, frustration, joy, anger, hope, love, peace... yep, I want it all.

4 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful Mindy. I hope all those things come true for you only in an even better way then you expressed

 
At 2:34 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like a great plan. i hope it all works out for you, i'm sure it will. can i live next to you?

 
At 8:23 PM, May 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is a nice plan you have for yourself. I pray that God blesses you with all of that and more.

~~Danielle

 
At 12:16 PM, May 02, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

thanks guys. It's not really a plan or anything, more of a hope. It's not even the specific things that i want that's important..the idea behind it is important. The idea is that I want to just live a full life. Wherever that happens to end up being.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home