Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm a grown up?

So... though it may seem super early, I just completed my application for an apartment on campus back in the states for the next school year. After looking through the options, talking it over with my boyfriend and my parents, we all decided....

I'm (hopefully) going to be living in a one bedroom, one bath (w/a kitchen, living room and "work area/dining room") starting next August, 2006. The apartment is unfurnished, but my parents promised they could get it almost (if not completely) furnished with random hand-me-downs from family members, no problem. Which is fine by me: I don't care what it looks like, if its free: I'll take it.

Then I read the housing contract... heat, and water are included in the rent... but i have to pay for cable, electricity, phone and possibly the internet (i think wireless is available for free, but i'm not sure). plus, of course, household items (like soap to wash my dishes, and laundry, and toiletry items, etc.

now, i have no problem with this at all: i'm happy i get to move into an apartment (provided i get one.. i won't know until this summer). but, does this all mean that i'm a grown-up?

it's sort of scary: i've never had an apartment before: only dorms. here's to growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home