Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Good Morning

Last week, on Thursday, I hung out with two people from the states, one from Canada and a girl from Argentina. It was a lot of fun, and I have future plans with them to eat lunch today and also to travel to Munich on Saturday the first of October for Oktoberfest. I'm excited!

So, anyways, eventually it was just the americans and me and we were talking about our disapointments with the Studienkolleg. After thinking about how my class is, and all they were saying I decided that it would be pretty pointless for me to continue going to the Studienkolleg until February. If I had to pass the DSH test to study all my studies in Germany, that would be one thing and I would continue w/the Studienkolleg. But since I don't have to, it is a really big waste of my time.

So, yesterday I went in and talked to Herr Wenzel, the guy in the internationl students office over here, and he gave me a list of classes I might be interested in. Some of them are okay sounding, but so far I haven't really gotten my mind set up on one or the other. The thing is that I'm unsure if my German listening skills are up to par in order to keep up w/a normal university class here that is all in German. So, I think I may check on going to one and seeing if it works.

Herr Wenzel also said that I could take some other German courses here, only ones that you have to pay for. So, i think I'm going to do that along with an English lit course and that should give me my 12 hours of classes a week that I need for NDSU to give me my money.

so, today i'm happy because i get to eat lunch w/people that are becoming my friends and also because soon (the end of october) i can take some classes that I will like better!

1 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, September 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm happy that things are starting to work out. i'm glad you have friends over there! that is exciting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home