Tuesday, September 13, 2005

ho hum ho hum

Well, hi. Today is Tuesday, and since I haven't written up here since Friday I thought I should.

Well, Saturday night I did in fact go out with the people i said i would. two didn't come so it turned out that just me, a guy named Chris from Missouri and a guy named Andre from Russia. We went to an Irish Pub in town, which was cool. There was live music so we listened to that for a while and talked. We talked about lots of random stuff, drinking, "keg stands" (apparantly where you hold a girl upside-down and get her to drink as much from a keg as you can... ahh.. college kids. don't worry anyone: I have never been to a "kegger" and i didn't even drink at all saturday :)Russia and lots of other things... I kept getting funny looks from the waitress, because 1. a was drinking a virgin cocktail called No Sex Please and 2. i was not drinking, only a juice cocktail.. it was yummy!!! it was cool anyways, then we went to McDonalds and got real food since the Irish Pub didn't have any, and then we just walked around for a while... it was fun and i'm glad i went.

and the cutest thing of all... fabian didn't come with me, he had been out of town for a few days, and got back really late friday night (three am) and wanted to give me a chance to meet people and make my own friends... that was sweet in itself (even though i really wanted him to come) but the cutest thing was that i got home at like 1:30 in the morning, and he was waiting up for me! :) I have a sweet guy.

Let's see, what else. I looked for clubs i can join, but none start until october, so that sucks. but, oh well. i could see about the zoo, but first of all, i have to see if they even will take a volunteer, secondly my german sucks and is in no way ready to volunteer anywhere, unless i can do it in english mostly. so... i'm thinking i will have to wait on the volunteer thing too.. at least until my german gets better, at least until october. so basically.. everything is waiting until october. which sucks, big time. i'm so tired of having nothing to do. and i'm tired of not having friends. today was my second day of my german class, and so far i haven't really talked to anyone. no one seems that friendly and i haven't felt very outgoing. so, it's my fault. i miss NDSU and being able to just climb stairs and hang out with my friends whenever I want to, 24/7. i didn't necessarily have time to regularly, but i miss knowing that when i had time or when i needed them they were all there for me. i had fun w/the guys sat. night, but since they are both (and another guy that was supposed to come) in the same course, i have a feeling they will continue to hang out and i will be more or less forgotten... i hope not, but we'll see...

so, basically, i'm bored and tired of doing nothing, like i said. i'm happy i'm here, my german is improving (and fabian and i are randomly talking in german, which is an improvement for us) and i wouldn't want to go back home...i think i've said it before: i've come here for a challenge, and i'm getting it. a part of me wants to run back to the states and NDSU where life is normal and i have my own real friends. i'm sure i'll make friends and everything.. just today i'm feeling a little down. and i'm sad too because starting tomorrow (Wednesday) through Sunday fabian works from 7 am to 8 pm. yes, in the morning to at night. and then from Sunday to the following sunday he works from 7 am to like 5 pm or something. so, once again... i will be alone with nothing to do and no one to hang out with, besides maybe Yvonne. except of course for my classes... but they don't take all day... so, yeah. i'm a little bummed. but tomorrow is another day. and it iwll be a better day.

ho hum ho hum....
has anyone ever watched Meet the Barkers on MTV? The guy on it is super sweet to his girlfriend... awwwwwwwww........ oh - and we now have Nickelodean! It's cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home