Saturday, September 24, 2005

a new day of...?

Today is Saturday the 24th of September. I can hardly believe that September is over already... well almost over already.

My boyfriend works all day today. Well, that's a bit of an understatement. He's worked all day, every day (yes even last weekend) for a week and a half now. Today is his last day. Which means come tomorrow he will be home with me. I realize that it is normal to work all day at least five days a week, but I'm not quite used to him being gone so much and it's a tad lonely with my schedule (or lack thereof). (especially today because he works until 6 and then is going to hang out with friends after work until who knows what time, so i'm really all alone... i could go tonight with him, but i'm not too crazy about the people he's hanging out with, so... as of now it is alone in the apartment i stay).

Which, you know, is quite ironic, since out of the two years together, until this past July, I have only spent a total of 3 months of time with him. Yes, that's right. 1 year and 9 months of our relationship was spent living five thousand miles apart. So, really I have nothing to complain about: he has only been gone day times... and i see him more now than I ever have.

The weekdays haven't been so bad, but today sucks because he is gone and I have nothing to do. i could go wander around the city... which I really don't want to do. I love to window shop.. but today i'm not in the mood to. I could go to museums or something, but I have no money at all and can't get money until Monday from the bank. So, there goes that idea as well. What does that leave? I guess a day laying in bed watching the clouds roll by.

Last night we went to Giessen to say goodbye to my friend Tiff before she leaves for Iraq. She was supposed to leave on Sunday, but now they don't know when they are leaving for sure, but definitely sometime soon. It's scary, knowing she's going there... i can't imagine how scared i would be if i were here. I'm proud, however.. because when saying goodbye we didn't cry. Last time we said goodbye, we thought that was our last goodbye and cried a lot..so this time we just said see you later and left. since my goal was not to cry, i'm proud i kept it up.

i have things i could do.. but like most, when i have lots of time to do nothing, i usually do nothing... perhaps shortly i'll make myself get up and do something. until then... it's surfing the internet i go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home