Monday, October 10, 2005

Life

Well, it's been a few days since I've written up here about what's going on in life... so I thought that maybe I should update.

So, I officially know what my schedule is going to be. I will be taking the following courses:

1. 19th Century Novels, in English
2. German Language Course
3. German Phonetics Course
4. German Conversation Course
5. German Grammar Course

and at least one of the following three:

6. History of the DDR (East Germany)
7. History of Christianity
8. German Film Class

These last three are normal courses, taught in German here at the University. I'm not sure how well I will be able to understand them, so I'm not sure how many or which one(s) I will stick with all semester. Also, with the other five classes, all these three might be a bit much.. but maybe I need the challenge. I don't really know yet. So, my plan is to go sit in a see.. and decide in a few weeks. However, since all these classes (except the language course) are only 2 hours a week, i'm not loading myself up as much as it seems.

I'm also going to take Karate, with my friend Kelline from California, and Yoga on my own. That's exciting. It should be very interesting, to say the least. But supposedly Yoga helps a person relax, and avoid stress.. so it will probably be very beneficial to me. i'm anxious to try some new things.

Speaking of new things, and excercising. I went jogging yesterday (Sunday)! That is exciting. Kelline and I talked of going jogging together, once we know our schedules, and so I decided to start on my own, since I'll be starting some other excercising activities, and thought it might be good for me to start getting in shape a little more, like I said I would before I came to Germany. My goal this week is to go jogging for 15 minutes three times this week. Tomorrow (Tuesday) is day two. hopefully i'll have the strength to stick to it. And, since it doesn't get too cold here in the winter, I figure if I buy the right clothes, i can still go jogging in the winter. the idea of going jogging and not thinking at all on a beautiful winter day sounds very refreshing to me right now. of course: ask me again in december, and I may say something different.

so yeah, that's about it. This is my last week of the German classes I am currently in (the ones at Studienkolleg which I don't like) and slowly, week by week all my other activities start... so, by the first week of november all of my new things will be in full swing! I'm really excited! oh, and I found out that I can go walk the dogs at the Animal Shelter (and maybe play with cats too) whenever i want.. so hopefully tomorrow I will do that as well.

And, last but not least, on Monday, a week from today, Fabian starts his Civil Service. He'll be taking care of disabled people it seems (no one is too sure yet) and will be working 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, as well as for about an hour and a half in the evenings with his security job. So, he'll be busy busy too. Which is sad, but since he wants to get his Motorcycle license, it'll be good for him...

okay, now that really is about it! Until next post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home