Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thank You, wherever you are.

Foreward: This is a thank you letter, to a girl named Ventia. I met her through a mutual friend named Katie, back in 8th grade. It is because of her, that I have my faith in God and Jesus Christ. My faith has been pretty nonexistant in the last two years....i went from a happy, joyful, faithful girl who was content with everything in her life (except that she wanted her faith to grow) to the person I am now. I'm still happy... but my life is very complicated by a lot of things... and i'm finally accepting the fact that it is due to my change in faith over the last two years of life. I've known this fact for a long time... but now i'm acccepting it, and I know that it is no one's fault but my own. anyways, I heard a song... and it brought me to tears. It was about someone going to Heaven and getting thanked for the many people's lives they had touched. Well, I thought of Ventia because without her I wouldn't have my faith. Sadly, I have no idea what happened to her.. and I don't have the e-mail address of the one person who might know. So, feel free to read everyone.... and maybe, just maybe, God will lead Ventia some day to this and she will read it and have a brighter day because she truly made a difference in my life, as well as many others... i am sure.


Dear Ventia,

Hi. You may not remember me, but I met you a long time ago. We were in middle school. I met you through Katie G., and the first time i met you was at her Fall Sleepover Party that she had. I remember learning that you didn't even want to be kissed by a boy until you were engaged to him, and I thought that was so weird. But I thought you were nice and was happy to have met you. In the following spring, God brought several things into my life. First, was a dream. I saw two red lips in the middle of a pitch black room. They said, "Don't you think its time you let God into your life?" and then I woke up, crying. At that point, I asked God to help me let Him into my life. Around that same time there was an all night party at Katie's church. You were there. We all got split up into Bible studies sometime that night. Since I had never read a Bible, I had no idea how to find the part of the Bible that we were looking for. I explained to everyone later how embarrassed I was, because I had no idea where to look. You told me that you thought it was sad, and that you were going to get me a Bible. I told you that I didn't want one or need one, thank you... but you insisted. I forgot about the whole thing, and life went on. Then, a few weeks later we both went to an acapella concer by Tonic Sol-fa with Katie and some others. Still having forgotten about our previous conversation, I was happy to go and had fun that night. It was a Friday night. Then, on Monday, I saw Katie. She gave me a wrapped present from you. I was schocked, and curious.. what could this be? I had no idea why you had given it to me. Katie said that you wanted to give it to me, and that you gave it to her on Friday to give to me on Monday. When I opened it, there was the Bible that you had promised me. The one we argued over me having and the one I had forgotten you said you wanted to give to me. I was so shocked, and overwhelmed, and overjoyed. I couldn't believe it. If I remember right, I cried. It was a devotional Bible, and you included a letter with it with some verses you really liked, and advice on how to start reading it. I took your advice, and could hardly wait until the next monday to start it.
So, you see Ventia, I want to thank you. Had you not remembered to get me one, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I'm so thankful that God brought you into my life, even if it was for only a short time. And it makes me amazed at His wonderful plans, as well. So many things happened together in that time period... God planned you to help me find my faith a long time before you did so... what an AWESOME God we have! I pray for you, and I hope that God is doing wonderful things in your life, as I am sure He is. If you stumble upon this, please leave me a comment, and let me know. God is a wonderful guy up there.. and I'm thankful to you for helping me accept Him into my life. I can't wait to see you in Heaven and thank you in person.

Your Sister in Christ,
Mindy

p.s. it was a song called, "Thank You." I don't know the author, but it is found on the second disc of the "Songs 4 Life: Feel the Power" CD that came out a long time ago, and it is what reminded me today of you, and God laid it on my heart, that i should write you a thank you, and tell you how much you meant to me. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home