Monday, October 24, 2005

Mondays ROCK!

well, another day, more new stuff. This morning, at 8:15 I had 19th Century Novels. That was fun. I actually understood everything. i didn't have to concentrate to make out only 5% of the lecture.. I know that the lectures will go easier and easier as time goes on. But this morning was a nice break. A nice way for me to remember: hey! I can do this...

Then, i ate lunch, by myself because I couldn't find anyone to eat with. Well, considering I don't know many people, I didn't get many options. After lunch, I searched and searched and finally found the building where my Karate class is. So, today, I started Karate.

Wow. karate is lots of work. we jogged and did cardiovascular excercise, then we did stretching, then we learned how to get away from people holding you (like thieves). LOOK OUT WORLD! I'm learning Karate... he he he. And at the end we did some muscle training excercises. ow. i really will be in shape.

I met some nice people too while there. I told the same thing over and over again. Here's a typical conversation:

OP (Other Person): Hi, I'm So-and-so.
Me: Hi, I'm Mindy.
OP: What are you studying?
ME: Biology but I am only here for a year, therefore I am actually studying whatever I want.
OP: Where are you from?
ME: America
ME: what are you studying?
OP: blah-blah
ME: how long have you been studying for (what year are you)?
OP: various time amounts...

and, then we would typically practice the technique we are supposed too. Ah, but I did talk after class to a nice girl named Kristine (like Christina in english). She is 19 and just started her studies. Her little sister is going to study in the states for half a year or something, so we talked about that, and learning languages. On Thursday I am doing Karate again. I'm excited. I hope it goes good.

And, now I'm home. The funny thing is that I at around noon, only four hours ago, but due to all the excercise I did this afternoon at Karate, I feel as if I haven't eaten for days.

Ahh.. I'm so happy that things have finally started around here! I know, I say it during like, every blog I write.. but, seriously... i'm so happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home