Friday, October 21, 2005

Week 2

Well, I did it. I just completed week two of jogging. Ug, it is sooo much work. I'm so out of shape. Ahh, but there is a positive side.. here's how it breaks down so far:

Week 1, Day 1 - 5 minutes jogging/10 min walking
Week 1, Day 2 - 4 min jogging/11 min walking
Week 1, Day 3 - 4 min jogging/11 min walking
Week 2, Day 1 & 2 - 4 min jogging/11 min walking
Week 2, Day 3 - 5 min jogging/10 min walking

Do you see? The first day, I was fresh and new to the whole thing, so I had a little extra energy (and will power?) and made it five whole minutes. Then, my body said to me, "you can't do that much... we are not used to excercising every other day!" so I went down to only four minutes.... but today.. Today I went up to 5 again!!! Yay! I'm extremely tired and have no energy at the moment, but I am proud of myself.

A verse in Proverbs that I read today says to be diligent in everything you do because it builds strength and character. My new goal: to be diligent in everything I do. That means in reading my Bible, doing my homework, doing things around the house (like laundry..) even when I don't want to... and being diligent mentally as well. I pray it goes well.

It was nice this morning. I read my Bible before jogging, and got the entire quiet time to think about what I read. Very relaxing. I feel ready to take on my day.

And, the last thing.. I had my second day of class yesterday. The first day I understood about 5% of what the guy talked about. The second day (yesterday) I understood about 50% of what was said. Yay! It's getting better!

This second class is "Geschichte des christlichen Gottesdienstes." Which means, History of christian Church. SO, basically I'm learning all about church and what started when, etc. It's really interesting actually. A little hard because all of the names I'm used to for the books of the bible are now in German, as well as any verses we talk about (Yes - I get to bring my Bible to class!) but, that's okay. It's interesting.

And today, I have Intro to Philosophy. Hopefully it'll go well. We'll see. Then tonight I have a ticket to go to the Oktoberfest they're having on campus, to celebrate opening of the semester. I'm excited. :) Life is looking up so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home