Friday, October 14, 2005

A Goal Reached

So, my goal this week was to go jogging three times. Well, guess what: I DID IT! I went jogging three times this week. I went last Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Each time I jogged for about 1.50 - 3 minutes, then walked for about 2 minutes, and then jogged again and so on. This may not seem like much at all, but when you are in horrible shape like I am, then it is a lot. I may be skinny (though I have fat too.. just so you all know) but that doesn't mean I'm in good shape, becaus I'm not. But hopefully I will stick with my jogging and will get into better shape. If I make it the next few weeks I'm going to reward myself with some new/better jogging clothes. But, I got past week one.. and that is the most important thing!

Also, as of now I am done with Studienkolleg. Studienkolleg is the German course I've been in for the last month. Overall, studienkolleg is a good thing, but it just wasn't for me, so I decided to quit and take other German courses and University courses during this semester. A couple of my normal courses at the university (ones that are in German, that I'm hoping to try out) start next week. The other ones start the week after as well as my Karate and Yoga classes. Also, that is the week that I have my new Placement exams for my new German courses which start the week of the 31st of October. So, basically that means about two more partially boring weeks, and then everything starts! This is good, and I'm SUPER excited. Also, tomorrow I'm going to volunteer at the Tierheim (animal shelter) and I think on Sunday too. I can't wait to get to play with dogs again.. I miss mine so much!

Lastly, I now have all of my results back for the new Placement test that we took. Here they all are:

Listening - 26 (out of 30)
Reading - 30 (out of 40)
Grammar - 22.5 (out of 30)

so, that gives me a total of 78.5 points. That means that had this been the actual placement test I would have made it to level two! It is a big improvement, and after only a month of class! I'm very proud of myself, and I hope that I do just as good on the 24th of October when I take my new placement exams.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, October 23, 2005, Blogger Amy said...

Congrats on the jogging (and on your scores, too). I jogged everyday up til the day I conceived (by IUI, so we thought I should take it easy in case the IUI "took") and when I found out two weeks later I was pregnant, I never started back. Now I'm staring at a body I don't recognize in the mirror and KNOW I should get back to it. It's just becoming cool enough in Louisiana to start back. I'm looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home