Sunday, February 19, 2006

Memo

To: Jeans Manufacturers Worldwide
From: Mindy
Re: Being Realistic

Dear Jeans Manufacturers of the World:

Hello. My name is Mindy, and I'm an average 20 year old woman. I'm 5'7" (170 cm), I weigh 132 lbs (60 kg), and I have a body which is two different sizes - my top half is smaller than my bottom half. I have acne, all the time and my hair only rarely does what I want it to. Oh, and my butt? Well, let's just say its flatter than Nebraska. And please, don't even get me started on my fashion sense.

Okay, I admit that these stats may not be "average" completely, but they are average in the sense that no two women are the same, and all women, yes even skinny ones, have parts of their body that they don't like, and some sort of problem when finding jeans to wear. So my question to you all today is: why, oh why, can you not make jeans to fit REAL people?

You see, for quite some time I have had the desire to change the way I dress, not because I'm such a horrible dresser, but because I would like to be a little more girly, a little more dressy, and feel a little more confidant about my clothes. I decided that I'm tired of having a lot of clothes I'm self conscious in (clothes which are too short, too tight, lost their shape, etc. etc.) and only a few clothes I feel good in. So, I grabbed my camera and took pictures of me in most of my clothing, later going through the pictures critically and getting ride of the clothes which just don't look good at all (no matter how cute they might be). And, when it came to my jeans, I noticed something: In EVERY PAIR, I could fit two of my butts in all that extra fabric at the back of my jeans. Now... maybe I'm lucky, I don't know... but I have a flat butt. Would it be too much to ask for you all to maybe, say, make a pair of jeans which fits me perfectly everywhere: including my butt?

And this memo isn't just from me. It's from ALL WOMEN. We all have problems with your jeans. Either they fit our legs perfectly, and not our hips/waist, or the other way around... or they fit perfectly but our butts don't have enough room/have way too much room, or they make our butts look great, but we just can't quite get them buttoned, or they can be buttoned, and all of our fat pudges out the top... or they are perfect everywhere, except or too long/too short (and face it: if you spend $30 {or Euros} or more on a pair of jeans, do you really want to spend a bunch more money to fix the length too?)

So please, I'm begging you: JUST MAKE SOME JEANS THAT FIT US REAL WOMEN!

Because face it: even modals don't look nearly as good as we all think they do. At least not naturally. So, please, make jeans for real women. It's all I'm asking for.

Sincerely,
Mindy

2 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

Oooh--my issue is the hips. Low-rise is the only type that fit me well enough to spend money on. My job requires me to dress up, so I've never had to worry too much about jeans--until my stint as a stay-at-home mom this year. Of course, it would be unfair of me to judge jeans manufacturers at this time because I still have 5.5 pounds of baby weight left. So, I'll reserve judgement until that's all gone. Which will be soon, I hope!

 
At 9:38 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

lucky you (not having to worry about jeans yet). seeing as how I'm just a college kid still, I basically live in jeans... though we are trying to move into a little bit more of a girly/dressed up a bit wardrobe. (we being my boyfriend and I). Good luck losing that 5.5 pounds! And, as far as the jeans go... life will go on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home