Friday, May 05, 2006

crazy sickness

So, remember my miserable post? (scroll down a little, you'll see it) Well, I'm not miserable anymore, but still sick. This is the craziest sickness I've ever had. Here's how it's worked:

29. April - Sat: Throat is a little sore. I don't think too much of it besides, "Gee, hope I don't get sick."
30. April - Sun: Throat is only a little sore still, but gets a little worse. Now I think, "Really hope I don't get sick."
1. May - Mon: Throat even worse. We go visit a couple of friends of Fabian today (who I get along with really well). Around 1 pm it all hits me at once - headache, sore throat (even worse), small fever, etc etc. I feel miserable.
2. May - Tues: Morning still feeling miserable enough. Afternoon is a bit better. I went to the doctor because I didn't go to class due to the sickness and here you ALWAYS have to have a doctors note almost. Doc gave me some general pills. I start taking them.
3. May - Wed: I wake up without so much of a sore throat, but now with just a headache, and plugged up nose. I decide my sickness has morphed into a headcold.
4. May - Thurs: I get excited, because unlike Wednesday, when I blow my nose now stuff comes out. Around 2-ish I notice that I'm starting to lose my voice, but at least feel just fine anyways. By the end of the day my nose isn't even stuffy. But my voice...Oh great.
5. May - Fri: I wake up today with my voice almost completely gone (I can only whisper), a plugged up nose again, I'm coughing, and my throat is slightly sore.


So, there you have it. Crazy. And annoying, because today is my day to go to the bird park. But, I can't really talk, which wouldn't be too much of a problem in itself, but I also am coughing and am plugged up - I probably just have a cold or something, but I'm thinking maybe I should wait and go on Sat or Sun, because I don't want to get anyone sick. And maybe working all day outside, cleaning cages and stuff isn't a good idea right now. But I'm not sure. I want to go! I'd call them and talk it over with them, but I'm not sure they'll be able to hear me on the phone. I can only whisper.

Oh, and I forgot: I got Fabian sick too. He's starting to lose his voice as well. Which is VERY BAD because he is scheduled to have an operation next Thursday to fix his nose (they found out that he has a "crooked" bone inside his nose, which is why his nose is always plugged up. so they're going to fix it for him). But, he'll be having no surgery if he's sick. Since the meds I had were just basic cold meds I broke the "Don't give your prescription to anyone" rule and gave it to him. It's more important that he is healthy. I feel good overall: mainly just my voice, and this coughing. And now my knee has been randomly hurting this week too. Bah.

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, May 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better soon!

 
At 9:24 AM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

thanks suzie! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home