Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Frustration

So, I'm frustrated. You see, Mindy made the mistake of procrastinating on her Senior Project (the Gorilla thing) and she is now paying for it. Mindy came up with the Gorilla idea quite a while ago (at least a couple months) and e-mailed three different people at NDSU to check with them to make sure that her topic is international enough, since it is for the International Studies Major. The project has to have both an international focus, and be scientific for my zoology major: tough. So, I wasn't receiving any reply from anyone, and by this time had already completed my backround research on the topic. I had to make a decision: I didn't have a choice. So, I went ahead with my research, hoping it was international enough.

Well, today I finally got an e-mail from someone at NDSU back. Finally. And do you know what he said? My project ISN'T INTERNATIONAL ENOUGH! grr.. okay, well I was afraid that would happen. And I'm not mad at him or at anyone. My problem is now that I have to someone put more of an international spin on it. So, I asked him if I could do the same study at a zoo in the states, and then compare my results - if that would be international enough. So, we'll see what he says. I hope so, cause that would be okay. It would be just kind of sad though, because I was so happy to know that I'd be done researching in 3 weeks (more like 2.5 weeks) and then could just relax, and when I get home at NDSU get the paper written up and completed next fall/spring. I was so happy to have plenty of time to just slowly get it down and not get all stressed out about it. But... if I have to do the same study at another zoo in the states, that means I will have to wait until next summer at the same time of year to do the study more than likely (otherwise time of year will screw up the results since gorillas could behave differently in winter say than they do in summer), which means I would have to wait to write the majority of the paper, which would be frustrating. Either that or I have to come up with another way to put an international spin on it, which I don't know as of yet.

And, due to the time I have left in Germany, I don't have time to come up with a whole new project, plan it, and research it all before I go to Mallorca. And I am going to Mallorca, no matter what.

So, I'm not mad, just a little frustrated. And it's no ones fault but my own, really. I should have had the research down months ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home