Thursday, December 22, 2005

Is this too much info for you all?

There comes a time, once a month where I am pretty unhappy for about two or three days. Days when the littlest thing will make me sad or lonely or crabby. Days when my boyfriend can just give me a funny look meant to make me laugh and I will just get annoyed at him. Days when all of the world around me can watch my moods swing from one extreme to the other.

These days are known as P.M.S. Yep, that's right... I'm a victim of it. And unfortunately so is my boyfriend (I can usually keep it hidden from other people...). And I'm PMSing right now. I apologize for those of you in my family who don't care to hear the details of PMS... but well, hey. it is a fact of life (and my life is pretty much an open book).

My loneliness and sadness resulting from people unknowingly sitting where I wanted to sit yesterday in class (which lasted an entire day) was caused by PMS. Getting annoyed when I was asked to be quiet and stop talking until the commercials by my boyfriend so he could watch his favorite TV show, even though I was finished talking anyways, was caused by PMS. Waking up crabby this morning for no reason at all, was caused by PMS....

Of course, I don't realize on the first day of PMS that I'm PMSing however. I only have crabby/sad/annoyed thoughts at lots of normal things that wouldn't bug me, and then I'll think things like, "You know, I really have no reason to be so crabby/annoyed/sad. Why am I?" But... even though I know I have no reason, it is there anyways. And then it hits me, in an epiphany type moment. For instance, yesterday around five in the evening. Fabian gives me a hug to cheer me up, and I ask, "Why am I so sad?" And then it hits me. I get my period in exactly one week. "Oh, now that I think about it, I guess I'm PMSing." I say outloud, in an 'i'm-so-happy-i-figured-out-my-problem' voice. My boyfriends reaction? "Go far far away from me, and stay there if you are PMSing." Needless to say, I didn't go far far away... though I don't blame him for his reaction, the poor guy does have to suffer with my horrid moods once a month. If I were him I'd tell me to go away too. :)!

Thankfully, realising I'm pmsing is the first step to overcome it. Because once I know why, there is more of a chance I can stop it. On the bright side, at least I don't get any other ucky symptoms.... those wait until i get my period a week later....

oh the joys of being a woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home