Thursday, December 08, 2005

Death

Okay, so I just updated, but here is another post. This one isn't exactly a positive one, but it is on my mind, and i want to "get it off my chest" so to speak...

as many of you know, my uncle died recently of cancer. He was the brother of my Grandma, and I didn't know him too much, but it still hit me pretty hard after I found out.... then my mom found out that someone she works with, whose husband has cancer also, has taken a turn for the worse...

now, fast forward to this week.

On Tuesday night I dreamed that my mom found out she had cancer in her left thigh. It was too far progressed, and there was nothing we could do but make her comfortable as the cancer took over. My sister and I went to a movie store (a store with movies and lots of other things as well) to pick out decorations to decorate our new apartment/house with. The plan was for audra, mom and I to movie in together in order to take care of mom.... there was nothing we could do for her, and it broke our hearts.

I woke up quite unhappy.

So, here are already two things that have to do with death, and that isn't it. After waking up with the dream about my mom, I opened my Bible to calm myself, and get peace of mind after such a dream... and instead opened right up to a verse about death. Also, there is an online comic strip I read often, and last week (and this week) it has been dealing with the suicide of the father of one of the main characters... as if that wasn't enough my book that I have to read for class ("Mary Barton" by Elizabeth Gaskell) deals constantly with the death of various people...

all in all there has been lots of stuff dealing with death lately. The dream was a result of hearing about bad things dealing with Cancer...A death of someone you know, even someone you don't know very well, always reminds you about the mortality of you and your loved ones... i think this reminder showed itself in my dream... and all the other things were more or less coincidences I think. I think they are each a reminder to enjoy life and time with people as much as i can, because life is always so short...

everything happens for a reason... and perhaps, for whatever reason, i needed this reminder... but, i think i got the point now: can things stop dealing with death?

okay. next time, I promise this will be a happier posting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home