Monday, February 20, 2006

Memories

So, for Christmas I received a huge, navy blue photo album, which will end up being a photo album/journal about my year in Germany. Today, I started planning it out (I haven't done it earlier, cause now I have two months before the next semester starts here in April and I wanted to start it now) and do you know... it's made me a little sad.

Why did it make me sad? Well, there's the obvious reason: it makes me realize how long I've been here already, how fast the time has gone, and how fast the rest of my time will go. Do you want to know a secret? While I will be happy to see my family in August, I'm sort of dreading having to leave already. This place has become my home, especially the part with being with Fabian, and knowing I will have to leave him in the end of summer breaks my heart already! (But don't worry, I don't think of it much, only sometimes. It isn't worth all my worries yet, it's still far away).

But I've also realized, with a sense of happiness and nostalgia you could say, how much has changed! I am not that same girl who left America, wide eyed at everything, excited and scared out of her mind at the same time. Well, often I'm still wide eyed at things, excited and scared... but its all different. I now know that I can handle life. Granted, I have my boyfriend here to help me out, but there are so many things which I have had to do alone (in German), and so many other things which I have learned to do. This half year has been a challenge to me through and through...a challenge which has been good for me.

So, cheers to memories of my past, looking forward to my future, and to a year I'll never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home