Sunday, February 26, 2006

Dedication

It's been a sad year for pets. Last spring, my sister's cat Wic passed away (who was the kitten of my cat Stormy, and with whom I had a good bond). This past fall, my sister's other cat was given to a different home, due to some behavioral problems. (We now know the cat is very happy in its new home!)

Late this past fall, my sister, her husband, and my parents went to go visit my step-dad's sister, who lives in a more northern part of Minnesota. Their house is surrounded by woods, and my sister brought her dog with, Buffy. Buffy took off one day that weekend, probably after a squirrel or other small animal, and never came back. After much searching signs were put up for her, and not very long later someone called to let us know that the dog had been hit by a car on a nearby highway. Buffy now rests in peace at my aunt and uncle's, where a small grave was dug for her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My grandparents travel south every winter for a couple of months, and leave their dog, Boots here in Minnesota for the family. Up until several weeks ago, my sister was watching over him, and then it was my mom's turn for a few weeks. Unfortantely while Boots was at our house, both our dog Tipper and my Grandparents' dog Boots decided to run away, and they haven't been seen since. We don't know where they went, or what happened to them. Both dogs have tags on them, with the number of their vets... everything has been done to find them, but unfortantely to no avail.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this post, and my blog is now dedicated to these pets, who were and still are much loved by their owners, who miss them greatly. To the pets who have passed on, I know they are in a happy place... to the ones whose lives we are not sure of, I hope and pray that they are found or come home. If you scroll down, you'll see pictures of the three dogs on the right side. The top one is Buffy, my sister's dog; then comes Boots, my grandparents dog; then comes Tipper, my parents' dog.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, February 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mindy,
Thank you for your love and support. I love you and miss you. I have the new puppy and a picture of her for you. I love you sis.

 
At 9:13 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

no problem. while they weren't all my pets, they were all a big part of my life.

you actually got to check my blog! wow!

love you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home