Monday, November 07, 2005

A Wonderful Surprise

So.. today was a very good day. Well, I woke up super tired this morning, but other than that it was good. Fabian left today for 2 and a half weeks so I said goodbye to him, and then left for the University.

I got to the Uni, and went to my class. I had problems staying awake at first, but then got to "play" Elizabeth momentarily from Pride and Prejudice... that was so exciting (make sure to note my sarcasm there).

After class I met a friend of mine.. a new friend you could say. She is more of an aquaintance. She is in my Philosophy class, and agreed to meet me to give me her notes from the last class, so that I can compare them to my own. This is a very wonderful thing. I can understand a lot of what my instructors say in German, but when I go to write it down, I have a problem remembering exactly what was said. Therefore, if I have someone elses notes, i can check to see if I comprehended it right.

Then came the interesting part of the day: finding the "Landeszentrale fuer Politische Bildung." It is the "National Center for Political Education." National doesn't work very well. From what I understand is that they have a center in each State here...but anyways, they give out free books to do with politics, and I went there to get some free books for my history of East and west Germany class. So, fabian told me where to go, but I misunderstood and took the bus in the wrong direction. Not knowing this, I got off where I thought could possibly be right. Not finding it, I went and asked some nice ladies at the Apotheke (drug store). they told me where to go, and so.. back on the bus I went going in the right direction. Then, I got off at what I thought was the right stop. I followed the street, except that there was a 25 and a 27 house number on the street but not a building number 26 (which is what i needed). so I called fabian back, and walked a bunch, and finally found it.. after about two hours of trying. bah. but i got two free books, so that was nice.

then, i went back to the university, ate and went to Karate. At Karate I hurt my foot (I think I pulled a muscle in my foot. is that possible?)

After Karate, I went to see where my class was, and learned that instead of from 4 to 5:30 my class is from 6 to 7:30. Which sucks, because now on Monday through Thursday I have a class from 6 - 7:30, but since they are german, and I need more german (and because I paid) I can't do too much about it.. so I will have to survive. Since Fabian wasn't here I didn't want to go home to an empty house, so I did homework at the university. While doing homework, I met a new friend. Her name is Nina, she is German, and she is in my 19th Century Novels class. She is super nice, and we exchanged numbers for after awhile. She said she would call me this weekend (or some weekend) and invite me to hang out with her and her friends. She also said that she doesn't like to party much but playing games and going to cafe's and such is her thing. this is good because, i am the same way... so hopefully i will get to know her more.

Eventually I had my class in the evening, which went well. I got to talk to a girl named Yuka (who is from Japan) and some other girls as well. I learned that one girl, named Sophia, is also in my East and West Germany class, so maybe I can find her and sit by her.. or at least we can compare notes.

And eventually at 8 this evening (i left home at 7:30 this morning) i got home. I unlocked the door, thinking about how sad it is to be home alone now, and noticed immediately that the TV in the living room was left on from the reflection on the wall. My first thought was, "what? Did he leave the TV on all day because he forgot to shut it off? I am so going to teaze him about it when I call him in a few minutes." So I proceed to walk forward into our apartment more (because I had paused to ponder over the TV being on) and then a man's voice says, "Hi!" My heart stopped insantly, my stomach did a little flip flop, and after another short pause I came into the living room... and who would you guess is here!?!? FABIAN!!! YAY!!! I was excited, and gave him a huge hug after I realized that he was home. So, that was my wonderful surprise today. I'm so happy. There were three people too many at the Civil Service School he was supposed to go to for the next two and a half weeks, and he was one who was sent home. He might have to go again some other time, but the chance is slim. he still has to work now that he is here, but that's okay. and this coming weekend i think we're going to go to Trier anyways, since he has a free pass to go there thanks to the school he didn't have to go to. Should be fun!

So, yeah.. I had a very good day. :) and just so you all know: my good mood has just rubbed off on you!!!! So if you don't at least smile.. I will have to hunt you down and tickle you with a feather. Just a forewarning: saying that you didn't smile just to make me come home sooner won't work for those of you considering it. i will write down who needs to be tickled, I will remember and keep it for next August! HA HA HA (evil laughter!)... okay.. i'm going... going... going.... i'm gone. bye bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home