Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Gobble Gobble

We went to the grocery store yesterday. You'll never guess what we bought!


A TURKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, technically it isn't a real turkey. Technically it is a female turkey. But no matter, it's still a turkey that we are planning on putting stuffing into and cooking for several hours on Thanksgiving. We are also going to have yams, and mashed potatoes and pie.

Which means the following:

I GET TO HAVE THANKSGIVING IN GERMANY!!!!!!! :)

I'm super excited, because until last night I didn't know what we are doing. Hopefully my friend Kelleen and her friend who is also from the states (but is visiting her for a few days this week: he is studying for the year in Spain) are coming over too... and fabian's mom will be here: so it'll be a party! I'm so excited!!! So if anyone has any good recipes, feel free to share!

Health Report: Still feeling a bit under the weather. Felt sick this morning, and didn't go swimming. My general health was more important. I don't have a fever or anything, just beginning sick, so I'm trying to be careful so I don't get full blown sick. been praying about it too.. just waiting for God to answer. I have to leave very soon to go to Voelklingen to take care of the little girl and then to go finish christmas shopping so I can mail out presents soon!!!

And last but not least, this weekend we are going to Siegen to see Fabian's dad and his dad's girlfriend. I met them when I was here for Christmas in 2003, they are pretty cool people. I've been here for almost four months and we haven't seen them yet, so it's time for a visit. We'll be gone friday night through sunday night.. hopefully i'll have my camera battery (I have to go buy a new one) so I can take pics!

have a happy tuesday.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, November 23, 2005, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving and hope you feel better.

 
At 12:10 AM, November 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

soo how was thanksgivibg in Germany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home