Thursday, December 01, 2005

Randomness

I remembered to read my Bible today!!!!! This is a good thing, because I forget all the time. And forgetting to read your Bible doesn't help you to build a relationship with God very well, at least not in my experiences. I'd like to remember to read it everyday, but right now I'm just happy I read it today.

Fabian and I were talking the other day about the Bible and how so many people have interpereted the different verses in there that sometimes you forget that sometimes what someone told you the Bible says and what the Bible says are two different things. At first I was upset because he said that Americans say a lot of things about the Bible (interpretations, etc.) but just because it says that it doesn't mean it is really in the Bible. That was a few days ago, and since then I've been thinking, and I guess I've realized that he is right. It isn't so much that I need to discredit everything American's (or anyone else) says about the Bible, but that I need to pray about their interpretations and do my own research about it before I believe it. This applies to everday life too, and is something I previously haven't really done. Previously I just believed most things people told me as truth. Now I can see that while on some subjects it doesn't matter (it's not like i go around double checking everything people say or something) on other subjects it does matter. Especially on faith. Believing something just because others believe it too doesn't really do much I don't think. It would be like jumping off of a cliff just because everyone else is. I need to believe things because in my heart, it feels right and true. And I can find that out by praying...

Along that lines, I have a desire to go buy an old Luther Bible which is in German and was translated from the original Hebrew (or is it Greek?) Bible texts a long time ago. This would be the most accurate Bible that has gone through the least translations that I could possibly understand. My German still needs some work, but I think that if I could buy one and start working on it, that eventually I could read it no problem, and I feel like that would be a good experience for me... a good way to read a purer, less tainted, form of God's word... a good way to get back to the basics of reading the Bible and praying...

In other news, today I am wearing colorful stripped socks, and it makes me excited. This past weekend I left my purse at Fabian's dad's house, and it hasn't come in the mail yet. My purse has everything in it, including my keys to the apartment and my bus pass. So I've spent 24 Euro on transportation this week, and the sum is still rising, and it really sucks. I hope my purse comes today.

And for my family: CHRISTMAS PRESENTS ARE ALMOST READY TO BE SENT OUT! The lighter ones will be sent air mail, but a few are heavier so they will be sent by ship, so you won't receive them until near or after Christmas.. for that, I apologize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home