Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Turkey Day Recap

Okay, so I know it is a little delayed, but I've been away from home and super busy, so please forgive the fact that I haven't been able to put up my wonderful turkey day account yet.

We had pulled out the Turkey on Monday night I believe in order to defrost it. It was a 5 Kilogram turkey (a female turkey to be exact). On Wednesday evening it was completely defrosted. Fabian and I made our homemade stuffing (stuffing doesn't exist here. thanks mom for sending us stuffing!), stuffed the turkey, made homemade Cranberry Sauce, and put the Turkey in the fridge.

Thursday morning was just like any other normal day. Got up, went to class... I came home at about 4:30 in the afternoon. Fabian had just put the turkey in the oven, and we started to get everything ready for our dinner. Then I took a pause and called my family to talk to them and wish them a happy thanksgiving. I told my mom I missed her, which I do, but it made me cry a bit. Afterwords I went into the kitchen to get a hug and make me feel better, but that just makes it worse. I'm happy and loving where I am.... but I have always been close to my family and I will always miss them when I am not with them. It isn't a homesickness that I feel all the time or something... just certain things make me realize it.

Anyways, after I calmed down a bit I talked to my Grandparents! That was fun, since I haven't talked to them since August. Then, it was time for me to go, since I had class I had to go to in the evening. So.. I left Fabian to cook and prepare everything for dinner alone.. aren't I nice? I felt so bad....

After class I met with Kelleen and her friend who had come to visit her from Spain. He is an American too and she knows him from her college in the U.S. We hung out a little while before coming home, since Fabian wouldn't let us come home right away. On our way back home, it was snowing! Here in Saarbruecken it hardly ever snows, because it stays at about freezing, so usually the precipitation comes in the form of rain or sleet. But, nope, this was full-fledged big snow flake snow!!!! I was so excited. The best part was that her friend from Spain (he's from LA originally) had never seen snow in a city, only in the mountains. So the entire time he was in total awe of the snow. It was great.

We made it back here, brought up some pop and beer from the basement, and walked into a wonderfully smelling apartment. A few minutes later dinner was served (this was about 9 pm).

I walked into the kitchen and it looked beautful. My boyfriend had cleaned the kitchen, then put a fun blue string of lights he had bought specifically for the occasion on the wall by the table. On the table was a candle holder full of about 10 tea lights, all lit up. Under that were decorative napkins, and on the counters surrounding the table were more tea lights and candles.

And the food. There was turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, corn, carrots, snow peas, and yams. All was absolutey delicous. He had never made a turkey before, and it tasted wonderful... and the stuffing. it was homemade, and so delicous.

and he did it all alone . Not only did he do it alone, he did it for me , so that I would have a wonderful turkey day and not be so homesick.

I am the LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD! and very spoiled..... nobody has ever done so much for just little old me.... i am very thankful for him.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is soo sweet that he did all that! it sounds great, i happy you had a wonderful thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home