Thursday, July 20, 2006

"All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go.
I'm standing here outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
But the dawn is breaking,
It's early morn.
The taxis waitin',
He's blown its horn
Already I'm so lonesome,
I could die.


So kiss me and smile for me.
Tell me that you'll wait for me.
Hold me, like you'll never let me go.
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane,
Don't know when I'll be back again..."


Even though I'm not leaving Fabian for another 2.5 weeks (first it's off to Spain, yay!) I woke up with this song in my head. I packed my bags last night, so I could decide how much I could keep in my suitcases and how much I'd have to ship back to the states. I'm leaving four books here, because I just don't want them anymore (if I haven't used them over the last year, I don't need them), and am carrying some stuff in my carry-on, and I still just barely make it under the weight! I can only have 50 lbs in each check in bag... on the way here I could have 70 in each I believe. So that sucks. Cause I literally still have room in my suitcases, but it can't be anything heavy that goes there or else I'll go over weight. And all the rest of my stuff is heavy. So, today I get to spend 42.00 Euros ($52.00) to ship 10 kg (22 lbs) of stuff back to the states. It sucks. But, it's all stuff thats gotta come back.

Anyways, tonight it's off to Frankfurt, and tomorrow morning at 5 AM its off to Mallorca. I'm excited for the trip... but at the same time, a bit sad because I know that soon I'll be leaving Fabian here. I don't know if I'll be able to post while in Spain. If I can I'll sneak up a post now or then. If not, you all may not hear from me again until I'm back in the USA...

So if my posts take an overall (more so than usual lately) depressed turn, you all know why. It's going to be tough for me at first, I know... there's always an adjustment period after being with him, to adjust to going back to our long distance lifestyle... the adjustment period'll be tough, so just hang with me and send me some happy comments, when it comes to that time, okay? And for now, dear readers, I'm doing what I should be doing: trying not to think about it, and enjoying every second I get with him.

4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Spain

 
At 2:39 PM, July 20, 2006, Blogger snowelf said...

Good luck and have a safe trip!
I have been completely consumed by class as well...soon I get a break for a bit and get to do it all over again! ;)

 
At 3:56 PM, July 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Mindy....
I am sorry you are sad, but glad you are comming home. It is hard to have a friend so far away. I will do my best at cheering you up, and mabye even visit you on campus! At least when you come home you can see my baby. I know I still have a week until I am due, but I have a feeling it will be this weekend, who knows, I could be right, or very wrong.
Hope you are okay, has anything been decided? Do you have my cell number?

 
At 7:58 PM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

Hey everyone,

got a chance to get to an internet cafe. thanks for all the comments! My break from college is a gift from above, I couldn´t have handled anymore. even though it´s only a total of a month break between my two universities, i´m very thankful. Tami - congrats on your baby! I can´t wait to see him! :)

these spainish keyboards are crazy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home