Thursday, July 27, 2006

MALLORCA!

well, as you may have guessed from the title, I have somehow managed to survive all of my classes in Germany and all of my tests are over. I came out of the semester with solid B´s across the board, so I´m happy. It will probably bring down my GPA just a tiny bit back at NDSU, but I´m okay with that. I just want to get credit now for my classes.

Anyways, I´m currently in Mallorca, an island of Spain. Fabian´s grandma lives here and it is just beautful. There are mountains, there are plains... there are ruins from windmills all over the place, and the ocean is everywhere you look it seems. I have swam in the ocean every single day since Friday morning when we arrived, and the way it looks, it´ll stay that way. I´ve somehow managed to not get a sun burn until today, after sitting on a beach for about half an hour to an hour reading Harry Potter - book 4. Everyday I think about how great it is to be here, how nice it is to not have class anymore or anything to do besides read, swim, sight see, and work on my scrap book. Fabian´s grandma has been nice enough to let us stay with her and she is a sweet lady. We get along great! Fabian and I have rented a car for a week, and have been touring around the island looking at the small towns and checking out the beaches. Today we found the perfect beach - rocky, off the beaten path, with crystal clear blue waters, sandy bottoms and no seaweed whatsoever. Today we came back a bit early (around seven pm) and I finally got a chance to get online at an internet cafe, where the keyboard is spanish and crazy. Being here makes me want to learn spanish too!

Less than two weeks until I come back to the states, and I´m scared out of my mind. Scared of what it´ll be like to be back, scared I won´t fit in there anymore, scared I´ll not be able to leave Fabian, scared I´ll be unhappy... just scared of the unknown I guess. Crazy to think, that a year ago I was having these same thoughts about coming to Germany and Europe! But, I try my best not to think about it, and when I do think about it, I try to remind myself that I get to see my family and friends again, and that I get to have my very first apartment and that Fabian will eventually come join me. So, I´m surving until then, and just really really enjoying my vacation. I´ll show you all pics when I can, and update when I can again (may not be until August). Take care everyone!

2 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, July 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are having a good time on vacation! It sounds beautiful. Of course you will still fit in when you get back! We all miss you and are excited to have you back! Things are different but i think you will just need some time to adjust to them and you will be fine. Can't wait until you are back!

 
At 5:29 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Mindy said...

thanks suzie... i´m sure i´ll fit in and everything will be fine... we´ll have to all get together in the first few days of the university.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home