Monday, August 21, 2006

Strange Country

It is now Sunday the 20th of August and I've been back in the States for a week and a half. I still find this country weird and overwhelming sometimes... a few of the things I've found strange:

1. Buildings that are short and fat instead of tall and not so wide like in Germany.
2. All the space there is here.
3. All the space people have in their homes. Seriously, I don't know how many times I was sitting in a house thinking, "Why is there so much space? What do they do with it all?"
4. All the patriotism here. I'm all for the USA and stuff, but come on - do we really need poptarts that are decorated like the flag?
5. How sweet things are here. Particularly cake. I ate half of a peice of my welcome home cake/sister's birthday cake and had to stop because it was so sweet.
6. TVs in English are still sort of weird.
7. All the people around me are talking in English.
8. Dates are in month/day/year format instead of day/month/year like in Germany.
9. I can drive again, legally.
10. If I speak German, no one understands me.

And there's more too, but those are the big ones. Tommorrow I move into my apartment. 99% of my stuff is packed and loaded already, we leave at 8 am. Until tomorrow!

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI!!! You are back but i don't know your phone number, and i dont' know where you live- so it is hard to get a hold of you! you should e-mail me your phone number. or just come over our numer is 4380

 

Post a Comment

<< Home