Friday, November 11, 2005

Week Five - A New Beginning

Today is Friday of Week five, and it is safe to say that the week is over. I have to be honest though: I slacked this week majorly. Here's the week's break down:

Sunday - 15 minutes jogging
Monday - Karate for 1.5 hours
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - rest
Friday - Yoga, 2 hours
Saturday - rest

I know, I know.. I slacked. However there is a reason for my slacking. You see, even though it doesn't get too much below freezing here in Germany (thankfully) it does get to about freezing, and it has done that this week. Whether it is actually that chilly or just feels that chilly I'm not sure, but regardless it has taken away my desire to go outside to jog. With the proper clothing, I know that it is quite possible to go jogging outside straight through the winter... however, the right clothing is expensive, and I have other things I'd rather spend my money on. So.. I took a few days off this week, and came up with a new excercise plan, which will be starting on Sunday. Here's how it looks:

Sunday - Yoga, at home
Monday - Karate 1.5 hours
Tuesday - Swimming 1 hour
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - Swimming 1 hour
Friday - Yoga 2 hours
Saturday - rest

What do you all think? When reevaulating my excercise schedule, I decided that although it is possible for me to pay to join a gym, I'd rather stick with the free route. That means swimming on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the free swim in our olympic size swimming pool from 7 to 8 am. This is really early, and I therefore deem myself crazy for thinking about doing this. However, swimming has lots of benefits, and therefore I think I might be able to pull it off. However, there is always the option of joining an on campus gym, if I decide getting up so early is indeed impossible.

Anyways, there's my new plan: i hope it is good... I think it will be. I've also found a nice website where I can journal all my excercising (and eating) habits if I want to, and its free so I joined it. They can track my progress, which is very good for me and will keep me motivated I hope. For those interested, here is the website: Fit Day. It says that it is a weight loss tool, but that isn't so much what I'm using it for. Mainly just to make sure I'm eating healthy and that I'm sticking with my excercise plans. It seems pretty helpful.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, November 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Mindy
Yoga, isn't that like rest?
Have a good day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home